Monday, May 23, 2011

Wither L A Morse



As far as I can tell, L A Morse only published three detective fiction novels and all of them came out in the 1980's. He's written several other books, but I can't imagine any of them have the punch these three packed. Which is a shame because he's largely forgotten today. I was reading a review of another late-era mens' action novel when I suddenly remembered reading and enjoying these books. I gather they never were all that popular, although The Old Dick was made into a forgettable TV movie and starred Robert Mitchim.
Unfortunately it's been over 20 years since I read any of these books, so I can't furnish much in the way of description. Do check them out if you ever encounter them at a used book sale.

4 comments:

  1. L.A. Morse wrote some really good stuff--few but good. I've kept the books he wrote in the '80s. Because of my interest in his mystery books we developed a business relationship for a while when I was publishing a magazine in Toronto. A while back someone said that he had quit writing for bird watching and the stock exchange. Must be a joke.
    Jerry Tutunjian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the best hard-boiled PI fiction parodies. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best hard-boiled PI fiction parodies. Ever.

    ReplyDelete